Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I Pledge

I'll be off to vote in a couple of hours.

Heavily inspired by BuzzMachine and thoughts of the future, I now promise to...

Support the President, even if I didn't vote for the jerk.
Criticize the President, even if I did vote for the jerk.
Uphold standards of civilized discourse in blogs and in media while pushing both to be better (though standards may vary by subject).
Unite as a nation, putting country over party, though I actually wanted to unite myself as a continent. Gotta start small, I guess. Call me Wheelerstan.
Do the same thing as Michele, but without the drunken, naked cursing.
Review the advance copy of "The Incredibles" soundtrack that arrived yesterday.
Clip my toenails.
Take a shower.
Drink a glass of water.
Go to bed.

And that is a promise!

No comments: